Back in 2010, Neil Henderson, friend and frequent collaborator, approached me with an idea for a documentary. The story focuses on a formerly top secret military program. The program was declassified in the late 1990s and is now a matter of public record, mostly.
The subject matter is really compelling. Sorry conspiracy theorists, nothing to see here. No men in black are going to knock on our door. The core story really focuses on the men and women who made the program work and the considerable sacrifices they made on behalf of the program and the nation.
Still, I need to be careful about what I say about the project publicly as it is still in active development. Here is what I can safely share.
- In the fall of 2010, Neil and I filmed over thirty interviews with most of the living participants in the program.
- This winter, I visited the National Archives in Maryland to digitize footage for the project.
- We have some great mentors helping shepherd us through the project’s development.
- We have had early talks with a great crew to help us build the final film.
- We have a plan to fund further development of the film via Kickstarter.
Neil and I are excited about the project. As I can, I’ll share updates here and, eventually, on website dedicated to the film.